Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Happiness

That is a good word so many different ways to say it and so many ways it can be taken. Thinking about happiness what does that really mean to me. When breaking it down I realize how good I have it and how happy I really am. Let me start with saying I have a bad habit of saying "Today is not my day!". I tend to have those days a lot when I get flustered, anxious, sad, angry, defeated, and nothing seems to go the way I want it to. The singer Jamie Grace said at her concert that her dad has to remind her all of the time "Kid you are right it isn't your day..because it is the Lords day he created this day so be grateful and use this day to praise him.".
Wow was he right!!! That one sure smacked me across the face and down that high ladder I had gotten myself on. That really got me to thinking about how grateful and happy I really am. Happiness is waking up in the morning to even see the day the Lord has made and even better to share that day with my kids and fiance along with friends and family. I am so happy that my grandma who is my best friend is there to talk to me every single day like she always has a kid our conversations have gone from morning and afternoon drives to and from school to constantly throughout my weekends plans to morning and drives to and from work and constantly on my off days.  God could not have chosen a better grandma for me and it makes me puff my chest out like a little bird to know that I take after her so much and and am well on my way to being a little mother of the world like her and her mother.
Now I can't forget that I am so happy to have the job I have with coworkers and bosses that I actually look forward to seeing everyday! That job allows me to have a car that is reliable, a roof over our head, food on our table, lights and water..and cable and internet! As a single mom I can tell you when I first got out on my own I had a small apartment with tile all through it, a crib that was given to me, a bed, and dresser that were given to me; and that was it not even electricity for the first month. Little by little I saved up and bought one piece of furniture at a time from a little thrift store ran by a very sweet woman. Once I graduated from college and moved I now own everything even have been able to upgrade on some items that fell apart to no repair. That is where I am happy to know that I did it and with the help of God and angels in my life.
Lastly, I am a big nerd so I get lots of happiness from Zondervan.com, Readitforward.com, and Booksneeze.com. Who have all been a part of my past, present, and future with free books that I always have to readitforward with my coworkers, friends, family, and strangers. If you have ever had a stranger give you a book just because they thought you needed it..READ IT! God sent you that book and you never know what you will get out of it. I bring people books all of the time because they just randomly pop in my head that someone needs that book and if I get it back then cool on to the next person and if I don't then hey I hope they have readitforward. All of that happiness that I tend to look past because one thing goes wrong and my bad habit is going to take some breaking but it will be broken. Happiness is around everyone all day and night long you have to just have to open your eyes to see the Lords day that he has made and praise him!

No comments:

Post a Comment