Thursday, February 6, 2014

Bacon Pancakes

Today preparing for the funeral of a great friend who I miss dearly I made bacon pancakes in memory of him. Chris Spears a wonderful friend who I will never forget and will never meet anyone like him. He was kindhearted, energetic, creative, comedian, and southern ghetto. He was the best spoons player ever, busting out in song randomly was common, fruity pebbles is worth fighting over esp with the Siamese cat he adopted from me and named after the cereal, coffee was a must with him, it was nothing for him to singe the edges of parchment paper write a soulful letter seal with wax and send out to brighten peoples days, lastly not to mention all of the time he spent overseas while taking online courses and random Skype nights. I will forever have a piece of me missing now.
I am happy and grateful that he married another best friend of ours and the last 7 months of marriage was spent traveling and in love. My heart breaks even more for Meagan and just wish I could take the pain away. Late night conversations of books, food, and drinks wouldn't even take her mind away like it usually does. I pray that she finds peace and comfort soon. They were perfect for each other and together they could run a comedy show together and make millions.
Therefore, today in honor of Chris with my family I made bacon pancakes and will tell you how this crazy wonderful friend of mine made them! You need two skillets, a bottle of bisquick pancake mix that you just add water and shake, a spatula, plate and BACON! Do two pieces of bacon at a time in one skillet.
Once they are cooked you take one piece and put it in the other skillet by itself and pour the mix on top of it.
Once the pancake cooks on one side you flip it over and cook the other side! Then you get bacon pancakes that are the best ever!!
Then you put on a plate and enjoy with friends and family! As Chris use to tell me coffee and bacon makes everything better, but coffee and bacon pancakes makes fireworks go off in the brain and ready to face the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment